8.12.2009

Why the Purple Cow?

My boss handed me two books on my first day on the job as a reading assignment. I appreciated it since I know I'm in for a major nosebleed situation. I'm a graduate of Mass Communication and I never thought I would be in a marketing post. The books were Chasing Cool by Noah Kerner and Gene Pressman, and the other was Purple Cow by Seth Godin.

"I see your purple cow potential," he told me. "That's why I'm hiring you." I just stared at him, puzzled.

"What do you do when you see a cow?" he asked.

Keber ko sa baka, I thought. "Wala lang" was my chosen reply.

"Exactly!" he said, excited. "But, when you see a purple cow?"

That's when I got what we wanted to put across. Gasgas na ang "thinking out of the box." It's now the purple cow ideas.

So there I was flattered by having the "purple cow potential." I hope I meet the purple cow expectations.

So I guess this is goodbye to the loquacious lady, then.

No comments: